This website alumni.qualcomm.co.in (“Site”) is owned by Qualcomm India Private Limited (“Qualcomm India”/ “us”/ “we”/ “our”) and is powered by www.vaave.com, a Software-as-a-Service platform provide by Coherendz India Private Limited a company incorporated in Hyderabad, India on behalf of Qualcomm India.
We reserve the right to modify the Terms at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended Terms on this Site. Your continued use of the Site indicates your acceptance of the amended Terms. Subject to these Terms, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Site.
By clicking “Join Now”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using the Site, you are entering into a legally binding agreement.
A. Membership Eligibility
- To create an account, you must be a former employee of a Qualcomm group company who exited on good standing and shall have a valid email address, and must provide truthful and accurate information while creating an account. In case if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in Qualcomm India’s opinion or otherwise, we shall have the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of your membership on the Site and/or refuse to provide you with access to the Site
B. Use of the Site
- Your use of the Site is governed by these Terms. Qualcomm India may refuse service without prior notice to any user or visitor for any or no reason at their sole discretion. Any such decision by QualcommIndia shall be final and binding.
- Your account belongs solely to you and cannot be transferred to any third party.You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own password and account, and shall be fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account with or without your knowledge.
- You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of password or account or any other breach of security. QualcommIndia shall cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any such unauthorised use or your failure to comply with this section.
- Qualcomm India reserves the right to limit your use of the Site, including the number of connections and ability to contact other users.
- You may deactivate your account at any time with notice to us.
- We may, with or without cause, terminate your account or access to this Site, these Terms, withdraw, limit or discontinue the Site or its operations or any portion thereof with respect to an individual, or generally cease offering or deny access to the Site or any portion thereof, at any time, without prior notice.
D. User’s Conduct
You represent and warrant that you own all right, title, and interest in and to any information or material posted by you, or that you have been granted and control all lawful rights to post such material on the Site. As a user, you understand, undertake and agree not to use the Site to:
- Post content or initiate communications that are false, inaccurate, misleading unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, violate any laws, unethical, or otherwise objectionable;
- Any illegal or immoral purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws or violates applicable laws or is against public policy;
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent identity or affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment or business relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Engage in any advertising or solicitation on your own behalf or on behalf of any third party, including any job postings;
- Collect, store or transfer personal data about other users, including but not limited to information about another user’s work experience, educational background, personal information, address, interests, skills, or reputation information or metadata such as the number or identity of contacts in another user’s network;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with another users’ use and enjoyment of the Site; or stalk, intimidate, threaten, bully or harass anyone;
- Directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force;
- Engage in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or the buying or selling of "virtual" products;
- Gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means;
- Make or post any negative or disparaging comments or defamatory statement(s) about any part of the Qualcomm group;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Site; or otherwise deceive or mislead the addressee/other users about the origin of messages or communicate any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site; or
- Use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any web pages contained in the Site is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to "frame" or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this Site. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
From time to time, additional rules or posting guidelines may also apply to the use of the Site. In such case, you agree to conform your use to any such additional rules or posting guidelines
E. International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, youagree to comply with all applicable local laws and rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, youmust comply with all applicable local laws including but not limited to export laws and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from any country that you reside in or are located at.
F. Information Provided on this Site
- We are not responsible for third parties' (including any users') content, information, opinions, postings etc. displayed on the Site or for any damages caused as result of use of or reliance on any information available on the Site. Any use or reliance shall be at each person’s sole risk and discretion.
- Opinions expressed on the Site and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Qualcomm India or a Qualcomm group company. Qualcomm India does not pre-screen or exercise editorial control over postings, and takes no responsibility for such postings. You may be able to access third party sites from links posted or available on the Site. Qualcomm India takes no responsibility for any such posting, activity or content on the third party sites.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any material or information posted on the Site. We are not obligated to publish any information or content on the Site and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice, including for reasons of breach of these Terms, breach of any obligation of confidentiality, alleged infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third party, are defamatory, or otherwise are not relevant to the Site
- While we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with the Site, we are not obligated to do so. Users may report any objectionable content to us. We may investigate any such complaints take any action, at our sole discretion that we believe is appropriate. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, ANY MESSAGING FEATURES AVAILABLE ON THE SITE ARE SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND ALL USERS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. WE MAY USE VARIOUS MONITORING TOOLS AND METHODS TO VERIFY IF/ENSURE THAT THE USE OF ALL FEATURES ON THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY MESSAGING FEATURES, COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND APPLICABLE LAW. YOU AGREE AND CONSENT TO SUCH MONITORING OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE FOR THE STATED PURPOSE
- You may choose to refrain from using the Site, viewing any content or engaging in any exchange or conduct at your discretion. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the Site.
- We may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of any content, material or information, including suspending or cancelling any user accounts, restricting access to the Site, or commencing legal proceedings. Notwithstanding this right, EACH PERSON REMAINS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR All CONTENT, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION THAT HE/SHE POSTS ON THE SITE AND IN MESSAGES.
- We have no obligation to store, maintain or provide a copy of any content or information that any user or others provide.While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain Site security, we make no assurance of confidentiality or security to any information or content posted or shared on the Site. We cannot provide any assurance on control or regulation over potential use or misuse by other users or others who may gain access to information or content on the Site. All users are urged to consider these matters anduse your judgment in sharing information and content on the Site, which shall be at the sole risk and discretion of each user.
- Qualcomm India reserves the right to create or engage third parties to create any audio, video or other recordings of all or part of any activities or events organized or sponsored by Qualcomm India, its affiliates or its representatives/agents including but not limited to company events, programs, meets, interviews etc.
- By participating in such activities, you irrevocably consent to the use and recording of your name, voice, image, likeness, performance, compositions, and any and all attributes of your personality (collectively, “Appearance”), in, on or in connection with any film, audio tape, video tape, audio-visual work, photograph, illustration, animation, broadcast, product packaging, advertising, or promotional material, in any media or embodiment, now known or unknown, including, without limitation, all formats of computer readable media (collectively, “Works”), produced by or for the benefit of Qualcomm India and/or any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and licensees/assignees, including to release, publish, distribute, adapt, reproduce, edit, modify for any purpose that Qualcomm India may deem fit including for webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, websites, social media, news articles, magazines etc.
- You further consent to the use of any musical compositions, images, trademarks, videos or other materials provided to Qualcomm India or submitted on the Site by you or your agents (collectively, “Materials”). You represent and warrant that you have the authority to grant, and do hereby grant, Qualcomm India all rights necessary to use the Materials as Qualcomm India deems appropriate, including for branding and communication related to the Site, and the Materials are cleared for any such use. You must know the names and contact details of all individuals in the Materials and by submitting/uploading the Materials, you confirm that you have the consent of such individuals for used and publications of their images.
- This consent and authorization includes, but is not limited to, Qualcomm India’s irrevocable right, license and privilege to edit and/or include your recorded Appearance, at its sole discretion, in one or more Works and to use, reproduce, distribute, exhibit, publish, advertise, promote and otherwise exploit any Works and/or any and all portions of your Appearance not included in any Works in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for any purpose or use, including without limitation the right to use your Appearance on all platforms and media in connection with recruitment and on various promotional and premium items in connection with the merchandising of the Works. You consent to the use of your name, likeness, voice and biographical material in connection with the foregoing.
- You hereby unconditionally and irrevocably assign, convey and transfer to Qualcomm India any and all claims of copyright or any other rights, including any intellectual property rights or moral rights you may have in the Works or Appearance, including, but not limited to, the rights to use, print, produce, publish, copy, display, perform, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, disseminate, market, advertise, sell, lease, license, transfer, modify, and create derivative works of the Works in any media or format, now known or unknown, for any purpose whatsoever throughout the universe and in perpetuity. You understand and agree that Qualcomm India shall be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including all rights under copyright and other intellectual property) in and to your Appearance and all Works.
- You hereby expressly waive, release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Qualcomm India and its agents, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees from and against all claims, suits, proceedings, causes of action, liabilities, awards, damages, costs and expenses (including attorney fees) of any kind, now known or unknown, in law or in equity, including, without limitation, claims of libel, slander, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, defamation, trademark infringement, and copyright infringement or infringement of performer’s rights, based upon or arising out of (a) your Appearance in the Works; (b) the production, use, distribution, exhibition, advertising, promotion or other exploitation of my Appearance or any Works; and/or (b) use of the Materials.
- You waive any right to inspect or approve the content of the Works. You understand and agree that you shall not be entitled to any compensation on account of the foregoing.
You shall execute release forms to confirm the above, as requested from time to time.
H. What Information We Collect About You
By submitting any information or postings on or through the Site, providing suggestions or any other material in connection with or through the Site or any feature, you grant Qualcomm group a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unrestricted, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to (a) post, use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such posting/material, (b) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, host, communicate, make available and publish the postings/material without restriction; and (c) sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the posting/material. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any ideas, concepts, intellectual property, or proprietary rights in such posting, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction without Qualcomm group owing any monies to you whatsoever.
J. Service Communications
In the course of providing any information relating to the Site or any related service, we may need to communicate with a user through email. You agree to receive emails that are specific to your account and necessary for the normal functioning of the Site.
By accepting the Terms, you agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless Qualcomm India, its affiliates, subsidiaries and each of their officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents and partners from any claims, actions, suits, proceedings, causes of action, liabilities, awards, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with your acts or omissions, including your use of the Site, any unauthorized access to or alteration of your communications with or through the Site. For the purposes of this section, references to “your use” of the Site shall be deemed to include any use by a third party where such third party accesses the Site using your account.
You understand and agree that we may disclose information or content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, enforce this Terms, or protect our rights, property, or safety, other users, and the public.
L. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THAT WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY, OR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITE OR ANY SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SITE OR ANY SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS DISPLAYED ON THE SITE WILL MEET ANY CRITERIA; AND/OR (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON US.
M. Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT QUALCOMM INDIA AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).
N. General Information
These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The place of jurisdiction shall be exclusively in Bangalore. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
‘Qualcomm’ is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Certain other product names, brand names and company names mentioned in the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.The Site and all rights therein are and shall remain our property as applicable or the property of their licensors. Neither these Terms nor your use of the Siteconvey or grant to you any rights: (i) in or related to the Site except for the limited license granted above; or (ii) to use or reference in any manner our names, logos, product and service names, trademarks or services marks or those of their licensors.
The section titles of these Terms are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect. Please send any questions or comments, or report violations of the Terms to:
Contact Information (including for any claimed copyright infringement notice)
Qualcomm India Private Limited
Designation: Head of Human Resources Department
Address: Qualcomm India Pvt. Ltd., Plot 125-127, EPIP Zone, Phase II, Whitefield, Bangalore - 560066